Statement of Beliefs/Faith
1) That there is only one G-d, who has revealed Himself as Abba (the Father), Yeshua (the Son, the Messiah, Jesus, Salvation) and Ruach HaKodesh (the Holy Spirit). Deut (D'varim) 6:4-9; Is 48:16; Mt 28:19; Mt 1:23; Jn 5:22-23; 2 Jn 3; Heb 1:13.
2) In the absolute L-rdship and deity of Jesus/Yeshua HaMoshiach, including His Pre-existence, His virgin birth, His sinless life. His atoning death, His resurrection, and His eventual return to the Earth in glory and power to establish His eternal kingdom. Heb 13:8; Jn 1.1.
3) In the full spiritual authority, the reliability, and the divine inspiration of the Bible as the Word of G-d. 2 Tim 3:16.
4) That nothing can replace the importance of the local congregation in the program of G-d. Each local congregation should be under the immediate sovereignty of the Holy Spirit, and should determine its own character and role in obedience to the will of G-d.
5) That the great task of each local congregation is to propagate itself by establishing other congregations; and the great task of the combined body of Moshiach is worldwide evangelism. Acts 1:8; Mt 28:19-20; Mk 16:15-16.
6) That entrance into the family of G-d is not by heredity, good work nor by any other means except “the new birth”, which is brought about by genuine repentance of sin, confession of faith in Jesus/Yeshua HaMoshiach as the only Savior, and to surrender to Him as L-rd. Rom 10:9-10.
7) That membership in the congregation is obtained and signified by Joyful participation in its worship, fellowship, sacraments, witness and by acceptance of its disciplines. This union with Jesus/Yeshua HaMoshiach through His church (which is His “body” on earth) brings with it G-d’s promise of eternal life and of an inheritance in His Kingdom. (church here refers to the Body of Believers in Messiah Yeshua, and not denominational reference)
8) The true worship should be spontaneous; that it must involve the worshipper’s total being, and that a free style is more effective and more spiritually powerful than one that is tightly structured. However, we promote and strongly suggest that there be an equal balance between liturgy and worship (Order of service and liturgy suggestions will be added soon).
9) That the infilling of the Ruach HaKodesh/Holy Spirit is an essential component of effective Believers life and witness. Acts 2:4; 1 Cor 12:8-12.
10) That the gifts of the Ruach HaKodesh/Holy Spirit must function in the local church for it to truly fulfill its mission to be the “Body of Believers” within the community.
11) That the church cannot fulfill its mission apart from the five ascension gift ministries that Jesus/Yeshua HaMoshiach has sent into the world; apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. We accept that is part of our task to recognize those people and to assist in equipping them to fulfill their ministry. Eph 4:11-12; 1 Cor 12:8-12. (church here refers to the Body of Believers in Messiah Yeshua, and not denominational reference)
12) That Jesus/Yeshua HaMoshiach purchased bodily healing for every believer at Calvary, and this healing should be appropriated by faith, especially in conjunction with the following: observing the L-rd’s supper, anointing with oil, the laying on of hands, prayer in the name of Jesus/Yeshua, Who alone is our Healer. Mk 16:18; Js 5:14-15; Is 52:5; 1 Peter 2:24; Lk 5:15.
13) In the reality of Satan, and the kingdom of darkness over which he reigns, and of the absolute triumphs of Jesus/Yeshua over the devil and all his works, and in deliverance as an important and vital part of the ministry of the congregation.
14) That faith is the key to activating the limitless power of the promises of G-d. This faith is released by boldly speaking out those and commanding “mountains” to move in the name of Jesus. Including among the promises of G-d is a general assurance of prosperity (material and spiritual), and of success in doing the will of G-d. A believer should confidently anticipate the fulfillment of those promises, although there are some for whom obedience to G-d’s call may bring hardship and material poverty, but never failure; for every Believer should have an unyielding goal; to succeed in doing all that G-d commands. Mk 11:23-24, 26.
15) That victorious Believers life is built upon a proper understanding of the position of righteousness that G-d has given us in Jesus/Yeshua HaMoshiach and upon the exercise of the spiritual authority conveyed to the believer by that gift of righteousness.
16) In the resurrection of the dead at Jesus/Yeshua's return, in the certainty of G-d’s judgment, and in the inescapable result of that judgment foretold in the scriptures for the just and for the unjust.
17) Concerning Human Sexuality.
We believe that G-d has commanded us to abstain from all intimate sexual activity outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that all forms of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, pornography and gender altering surgical procedures, are wrong and sinful perversions of G-d's gift of marital sex to a man and a woman. Therefore, the following statements are self evident in light of G-d's written Word:
a) We do not recognize those unrepentant of the aforementioned sins as eligible for service in any office of ministry.
b) We do not recognize those unrepentant of the aforementioned sins as eligible for marriage.
c) We do accept the repentance of those who have made surgical alterations to their external physiology; however due to the permanence of these changes they remain ineligible for both marriage and ministerial service.
d) We do recognize that repentance and acceptance of Yeshua/Jesus as L-rd and personal Savior washes these sins away.
We do not condone, accept or recognize the altered states and assumed roles of transsexuals, transvestites and transgender. They will be recognized as the physiological sex in which they were born; however, surgical alteration of the birth physiology renders the individual ineligible for marriage or service in any office as a minister of G-d. A man is a human being who was born male in physiology, as is a woman a human being born female in physiology, there is no Biblical grounds for the concept of "a man trapped in a woman's body" or "a woman trapped in a man's body". As such we do not condone, endorse, acknowledge nor perform marriages for same sex, open, group, polygamist, transsexual, transgender or any other lifestyle or concept of marriage other than that which is between one man and one woman in accordance with G-d's Word. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29.1 Cor. 6:9-11, 1Thess. 4:1-8; Heb.13:4).
18) "As compassionate servants of G-d and our L-rd and Savior Yeshua HaMoshiach/Christ Jesus, we will always strive to minister with respect and courtesy to those who are non-believers while we earnestly pray for their eternal salvation
Copyright © 2007 Nehemiah Center Ministries. All rights reserved..